Our Space provides the much-needed safe space where LGBTQ youth can express their authentic selves and feel seen, accepted, and celebrated. A vibrant LGBTQ community center with drop-in hours, Our Space supports young people in internalizing messages of resilience and fierce love for themselves and their community.
Our Space provides:
- Community-building activities such as movie nights and inter-generational potlucks
- Psychoeducational, performance-based, skill building and peer support groups, both at the community center and at sites across Alameda County
- Community-based mental health and case management services
- Gender-affirming clothing closet and stocked food pantry
- Specialized support services for foster youth or youth at risk of entering foster care and their caregivers/families
- Trainings for providers working with LGBTQ youth
This year alone, we will serve more than 400 youth, many of whom live in poverty, are homeless, or are impacted by the child welfare or juvenile justice systems. Approximately 80 percent of Our Space members are youth of color.
Connect with Our Space on Facebook!
Side by Side gratefully acknowledges the Youth Acceptance Collaborative and the Horizons Foundation for supporting Our Space.